Foundation Production Brief



The coursework brief includes creating a front page, contents and double page spread of a new music magazine. All images are made to be original, produced by me. The music magazine will also include a minimum of four images. The technology will include digital photography and manipulition. It will also include desktop publishing. My theoretical understanding of the coursework will include print conventions, audience and mode of address. making meaning through still image and media language, semiotics, layers of interpretation, media and identity, the music industry and the music press, popular culture and youth representation.

Saturday 13 February 2010

Initial Ideas

Before starting my planned sketches for my media product, I put together a few ideas for a questionnaire, in order to find out peoples opinions on music magazines. This is an important part of the music magazine as audiences are constantly changing. Things like size and impact, of the media on audiences in general and the effectiveness of advertising also needs to be considered as well as how audiences interrlate with the media. When deciding on the possible questions for my questionnaire, I will have to think about how consumption of media and how it has changed over the past few years. Through feedback that I will recieve, through the questionnaire I plan to create, I will be able to identify those changes whether or not those cahnges have been influenced as a result of changes in age, interest and circumstances. When developing my initial ideas for my front cover, contents page and double page spread I will have to think about the information that I am going to put into my magzine in regards to demographics, for example, age, social class, gender, and income. I will have to spend more time trying to identify specific groups in order to sell to my targeted audience for the magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment